What are the main features?
- Wireless magnetic earbuds with a 600mAh charging case and up to 20 hours of battery life
- Special Gaming Mode with lower latency
- State-of-the-art USB Type-C connector, you only need one cable for both your phone and headphones. No more microUSB!
- Smart wear detection – playback is interrupted when you take off the headphones, resumes when you put them back on
- Each headphone can work completely independently, you can use only one of them and leave the other in the case
- Improved touchpad controls for easier voice assistant or Game Mode activation
- 7.2mm dynamic drivers, delivering deep bass and high-quality stereo sound
Long battery life and new connector
The Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S brings double the battery capacity of its predecessors with a full 600mAh charging case that promises to last up to 20 hours on a single charge of the headphones. Eight hours more than the previous generation. Finally, we’ve seen a new USB-C connector even on headphones this affordable. You can finally get rid of your old microUSB cables and use your favorite phone cable.
If you have a Xiaomi phone, when you open the charging case, an information panel will appear on the display, showing the current battery status of both the headphones and the charging case.
New game mode
Xiaomi has also thought about gamers and added a special Gaming mode. It is activated by triple pressing the sensor buttons and will significantly reduce the latency (latency) to make your gaming experience as intense as possible. Of course, this feature also comes in handy for watching movies so you can hear even big explosions in time.
Yes, the buttons are now sensor buttons instead of the previous hardware buttons. This isn’t usually the best change, but it’s a trend that helps with repeated button presses. For example, invoking the voice assistant is done by double tapping the sensor, which is usually a more reliable option than the less certain repeated press of a hardware button.
Detecting when headphones are on and off
On affordable headphones, it used to be a bit annoying to take them off your ears, but the music kept playing. Or you put them on, but you had to play them again on your phone. That’s now changing, and following the lead of more expensive headphones, Smart Wear Detection has been added. So you take off one headphone at the checkout in the store, the music automatically stops, you do the necessary business, put the headphones back in your ears and the music automatically continues.
Quality features maintained
Musically, the Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S remains the same as its predecessors. There wasn’t much to change. The large 7.2mm dynamic drivers with titanium diaphragm provide a balanced music experience, with decent highs and bass. The integrated microphones let you both make phone calls and control Google Assistant or Apple Siri voice assistants, depending on the phone connected. Gone are the days when one headphone was the master, the other the slave. Here, you can use each of the headphones independently. Bluetooth 5.0 with a range of up to 10m is still used to connect to your phone.
What’s in the box
- Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S headphones
- Charging case
- Replacement earbud tips
- Instructions and warranty card
Please note: USB-C charging cable is not included!